Volunteer

Volunteer

WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?

Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.

Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff in the following areas:

1. Obstacle enforcement
  2. Building the course and festival area
  3. Registration
  4. Spartan merchandise sales
  5. Start and Finish Line operations
  6. Bag check for racers
  7. Kids race operations

What’s in it for me?

Pre/Post Race Shift: Complete a full-shift and earn a FREE race entry to any Canadian Spartan Sprint, Super or Beast.

Half Race Day Shift: Complete a full-shift and earn a FREE race entry to any Canadian Spartan Sprint, Super or Beast.

Full Race Day Shift: Complete a full-shift and earn a FREE race entry to any Canadian Spartan Sprint, Super or Beast & a FREE hoodie!

*You can use your free race at the event you volunteer, or at any future race
**Additional exciting perks for full day volunteers may be offered

All volunteers will also receive:

• A Spartan Volunteer tee shirt
  • Snacks and lunch
  • A fun, action filled day helping to put on the best obstacle course race in the world!

How do I sign up?

Follow these simple steps!

Step 1: Be sure to read through the Spartan Volunteer FAQ.

Step 2: Find the webpage of the race you are interested in volunteering for. Click on the “Volunteer” tab in the right menu bar. Go to the “Volunteer Support Sign Up” registration page, select your shift and fill in your information. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you.

If you sign up under the “General Sign-up Link” (which is posted when we are more than a month out from the race), you will hear from your Volunteer Coordinator when it is time to pick your specific shift.

If the race is within about a month, you will be able to sign up under a specific task. You will receive periodic updates and final information from your Volunteer Coordinator the week of the race.

STEP 2 and a Half: If you would like to race for free at the event, just make sure to indicate that when you sign up to volunteer. That is ALL YOU NEED TO DO to secure your free race (do not pay upfront, as we can’t issue refunds).

If you would like to race at a future event, just check out with your Volunteer Coordinator when you are finished with your shift.

STEP 3: Pay close attention to your email, especially as the race gets closer. Your Volunteer Coordinator will send you all final details, parking passes, etc. via email.

STEP 4: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee!

STEP 5: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!

I have a question that wasn’t answered in the FAQ, how do I contact the specific Volunteer Coordinator for my race?
All Volunteer Coordinators can be reached at volunteers@spartanrace.ca. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.

Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!

We couldn’t do this without you!

How to register as a volunteer!

Head to the webpage of the event you are interested in volunteering for and click on the “Volunteer” tab. Find the “Volunteer Support Sign Up” button and your ready to pick from the available shifts. AROO!

Ottawa

Calgary

Quebec City

Ontario Trifecta Weekend

Sun Peaks

Winnipeg

!<-- secondaryContent --> !