Subscribe to SpartanUP! The Podcast:
Travis Macy, an avid ultrarunner, wrote The Ultra Mindset after he learned a valuable lesson himself. He was working to become a school principal, a respectable position and by all means a sensible decision, but stopped in his tracks to write the book. Pushing forward in the wrong direction for the wrong reasons would’ve left Macy unfulfilled. Raw perseverance without deep purpose is not enough. Lucky for us, Macy channeled his mental toughness into the right endeavor and he shares a number of strategies for you to do the same in this podcast.
- When things get tough it’s helpful to focus on why you’re doing something and not on the drudgery of the task.
- Training is equally important for developing a strong mind as it is for getting fit.
- Quitting is okay when you find yourself on a path that doesn’t align with your values, but if you are on the right path, don’t give up.
Resources & Mention:
- Video and Audio Production – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Audio Post Engineer – Team Podcast
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz