By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
10 minutes + 35 minutes, 5 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 1 ½ cup of parsnip, shredded
- ½ cup zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened is possible)
- ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup date paste
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup gluten free flour, I used green lentils flour for his high protein ratio.
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk beverage
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients, except for the milk and flours.
- When it begins to be well mixed, start adding the milk and then the flours. Mix well.
- Grease a cake pan of about 7×7 inches.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 35 minutes. If you are using a wider pan, it might take less cooking time, so make sure you don’t over bake your cake.
- Let it cool down a few minutes before cutting.
- Keep refrigerated.