Provided By: Whole Foods Market®
Subtly sweet, toasted macadamia nuts and honey take kale to new culinary heights in this easy side.
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 2 bunches kale, thick stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, toss 1 tablespoon honey and nuts with 1 teaspoon water. Bake on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, tossing two or three times, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool and roughly chop.
- Arrange kale in a large, deep skillet. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, almond butter, remaining honey and 2 tablespoons water. Drizzle over kale, cover and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until wilted and just tender, about 5 minutes. Scatter nuts over the top and serve.
Per Serving:220 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 8g protein.
Serves 6, low sodium, vegetarian, wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, high fiber
Note: We’ve provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we’re cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
For healthy eating tips, hundreds of recipes, cooking techniques, meal plans and more, visit Whole Foods Market’s Healthy Eating resources.