It’s still soup season and we wanted to feature one with a little twist. Tessemae’s Soy Ginger combined with a little Thai chili paste gives this carrot soup a deep, spicy flavor. Cardamom is a classic ingredient for pairing with ginger, and especially for curries. Use this recipe as a means to experiment with the spice. Also, be sure to use your Spartan discount code: SPARTAN for 20% off your order at Tessemaes All Natural®
- 3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Soy Ginger
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2, 2-inch pieces fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch cardamom (or to taste)
- Heat Tessemae’s Soy Ginger in a large pot over medium. Add the carrots, onion and ginger and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic, curry paste, coconut milk, and 5 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the carrots are very tender and the flavors meld, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or right in the pot with an immersion blender. Thin with water if it’s too thick, simmer a little if too thin. Adjust seasoning with lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve the soup topped with a drizzle of Tessemae’s Soy Ginger.